We are recruiting for a Production Supervisor to join the Southampton site of an established manufacturing company.
As a key member of the supervising team the successful applicant will have overall responsibility for manufacturing all products within an area to meet orders and ensure efficient production as well as leading a team of production operatives.
Day to day duties:
- Organise cell activity
- Complete daily attendance data for payroll
- Provide guidance to staff on required tasks and appropriate work methods
- Ensure quality levels are maintained and job instructions are adhered to
- Liaise with other departments
- Advise on staff planning for the area including overtime schedules
- Managing and approving holiday/leave requests, shift changes, lateness and sickness absence
- Assist with paperwork
- Ensure materials and tooling are available to meet manufacturing needs
- Ensure activities are carried out in accordance with Environmental and Health & Safety requirements
- Assist and support ongoing continuous improvement activities
- To be committed to a 6S method of working
Applicants must have experience in a supervisory / team leading role in a manufacturing environment ideally with component manufacturing. Working knowledge of SPC (statistical process control) and 6S methodology would be ideal. The successful candidate must have excellent written and oral communications skills as well as being confident in project management and presentation skills.
The position is full time Monday - Friday on a day shift and the salary is negotiable dependent on experience.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates, if you have not heard from us within 7 days unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.