To assist the Production Manager responsible for the operation of an assigned area in terms of production, Quality, cost, delivery, technical, safety and human resources, whilst respecting the defined goals.
Responsible for the day-to-day management of people within production, to ensure the Company’s targets and objectives are met, meeting customer requirements.
Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards and all other Company policies, procedures and operating standards.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You will be required to train, develop and mentor new employees, including the required use of the QF25 (Quality document for production packaging). You will also be required to make sure that Health & Safety Standards, including PPE requirements are observed and maintained throughout the shop floor at all times.
- Leading by example, you will be able to motivate a team of people to succeed using appropriate Interpersonal styles in setting objectives and defining responsibilities to give a clear sense of direction.
- To work closely with other shift supervisors to ensure production handovers are effective Communication tools.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting and training employees; developing personal growth Opportunities.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results, Establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, resolving problems, reporting results Of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment, via 6s by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies & Procedures.
- To understand ISOH requirements and be able to oversee and/or carry out risk assessments within a specified area.
- To be the main point of contact when Production Manager is off site and being able to make appropriate decisions while following the Company reporting structure.
- Monitor and maintain Company Absence Control procedures to ensure maximum attendance levels and proactively managing the welfare of staff.
- Deal with initial personnel issues on shift in line with Company policy.
- Feedback to the management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, Supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities to optimise results and improve
DIVISION / COMPANY SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
• Ensure the efficiencies of the all sub assembly areas.
• Ensure the throughput and efficiencies are maintained with the print room.
• Induct new employees and temporary staff in line with company policy
• Monitor temporary staff levels are in line with production demand.
• Maintain and report machine utilization, working with the production planner to achieve and Maintaining 80% or greater.
• Carry out contractor safety inductions and issue permits to works, ensuring RAMS are in place Before works commence.
• Produce & collate all risk assessments, Safe systems of work and work instructions to company Policy.
Communication is given verbally and/or written to members of staff.
Monitor and manage stock levels of raw material and consumables
Good grades in English & Maths at GCSE or Equivalent level
• Supervisory Management NVQ Level 3 or Equivalent
Knowledge & Experience
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes or Experience working in a manufacturing Environment
• Experience of managing people
• Quality Focus / Procedures / Systems Knowledge
• Knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
• Commercial Awareness
• A clear understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principles
• Understanding of customer expectations and Deliverables with an awareness of the impact of Failure/cost of poor quality
Skills & Abilities
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• The ability to lead activities for staff Development
• Good time management & organisational skills Competencies
• Confident & Assertive
• Excellent Communication skills
• Proactive, hands on approach
• Drive for results
• High level of Integrity
• Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative