Job Title: Production Supervisor
Do you have knowledge of manufacturing processes or experience working in a manufacturing environment? Do you have experience managing people and teams? Have you worked in a quality Focused, Procedures and Systems role? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly experienced team of people and become part of a global company.
To assist the Production Manager responsible for the operation of an assigned area in terms of production, quality, cost, delivery, technical, safety and human resources, whilst respecting the defined goals.
Responsible for the day-to-day management of people within production, to ensure the Company's targets and objectives are met, meeting customer requirements.
Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards and all other Company policies, procedures and operating standards.
You will be required to train, develop and mentor new employees, including the required use of work instructions. You will also be required to make sure that Health & Safety standards, including PPE requirements are observed and maintained throughout the shop floor at all times.
Leading by example, you will be able to motivate a team of people to succeed using appropriate interpersonal styles in setting objectives and defining responsibilities to give a clear sense of direction.
What you will be doing:
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviours expected of them.
- To work closely with other shift supervisors to ensure production handovers are effective communication tools.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, resolving problems, reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing Company standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment, via 6s by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies & procedures.
- To understand ISOH requirements and be able to oversee and/or carry out risk assessments within a specified area.
- To manage, develop, appraise and motivate employees' performance and ensure good communication is given verbally and/or written to members of staff.
- Monitor and manage stock levels of raw material and consumables.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes or experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of managing people.
- Quality Focus / Procedures / Systems.
- Supervisory Management NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Good grades in English & Maths at GCSE or equivalent level.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- The ability to lead activities for staff development.
- Good time management & organisational skills.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Proactive, hands on approach.
- Drive for results.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Commercial Awareness.
- A clear understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Understanding of customer expectations and deliverables with an awareness of the impact of failure/cost of poor quality.
- Adaptable to change and varying situations.
ACS are recruiting for a Production Supervisor. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Production Supervisor please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Production Supervisor. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Production Supervisor with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Production Supervisor role you desire.
- "production" "supervisor" "manufacturing" "processes" "managing" "quality" "procedures" "systems"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job