Purpose of the role
- Supervise the day to day running of the assembly section, manufacturing high quality product on time in line with the production schedule by allocation of work to team members.
- Ensure Quality requirements are met to guarantee adherence to technical specification and product reliability.
- Ensure assembly staff, have the information, instructions, training and equipment necessary to do the work required.
- Supervise assembly staff and motivate them to strive for continuous process, personal and departmental improvement.
- Ensure efficiency of production processes and on-time delivery by liaison with other departments to ensure availability of material supplies in accordance with product and process specification.
- Identification of opportunities for continuous improvement in manufacturing processes and provide feedback to quality, design and process engineering.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Production Planning and Leadership
- Follow the production schedule by fulfilling works orders by their due dates.
- Planning resource requirements in accordance with production schedule.
- Maintain suitable equipment levels - ensure equipment is in good condition and calibrated /maintained.
- Communicate with other department supervisors to co-ordinate work.
- Contribute to project teams as required.
- Ensure all staff work according to the specific job instructions, standard company procedures and quality requirements. Ensure all necessary information is available to assembly staff.
- Supervise the assembly section staff applying company rules and procedures fairly and openly and ensuring all staff understand what is expected from them as individuals and as a team.
- Motivate and develop the team towards continuous improvements in performance and staff satisfaction.
- Maintain suitable skill levels to meet the schedule by providing and organizing training.
- Adapt workforce plans to accommodate holiday requests and sickness absence.
- Attend production meetings to report progress and review the schedule.
- Evaluate performance against budget and production forecast.
Quality and Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS)
- Ensure QA inspection routines are carried out effectively to guarantee quality of finished product.
- Maintain house-keeping standards in the assembly Section.
- Ensure operators are aware of and apply appropriate Safe Operating Procedures and comply with COSHH and other safety procedures.
- Ensure Risk Assessments and HSDS are completed regularly for relevant processes and the SOP manuals are up to date.
Knowledge and experience
- Well organised with efficient planning and decision making capability for prioritising tasks and problem solving
- Approachable and professional personality with an open and communicative style for effective supervision and motivation of the team
- Experience of working in a high technology electrical / engineering assembly environment
- Understanding of Slip ring technology and applications
- Manual dexterity and technical skills for soldering, crimping, plastics mixing and moulding and other assembly skills.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Ability to use Sharepoint computer system
- Team Leader
- Production Supervisor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job