Production Supervisor - ISO09001 - mechanical assembly
Production Supervisor - ISO09001
£23,000 - £28,000
We are looking for a candidate from a mechanical assembly line in a SME who has knowledge of process/procedures to ISO9001 quality standards.
You will need to be assertive, lead by example and be able to offer training to ensure processes are followed correctly and product is built to a high standard. This is very much a hands-on role where the person will be shop floor based overseeing day-to-day activities.
You will be leading a team of Production Operatives in the day to day production operation. Your key objective will be to ensure that products are manufactured and assembled in accordance with the Company's strict quality standards. You will be responsible for ensuring that production schedules are maintained and that cost and waste targets are achieved.
You will assist with the introduction of new work methods, modifications and liaise with production control, engineering and quality.
- Ensure that all products are manufactured, assembled or otherwise processed and packed to agreed quality standards.
- Perform visual inspection of goods from any point during the manufacture and assembly process through to despatch of finished goods.
- Carry out visual manufacture, assembly and packing process checks, record findings and report any issues to the Operations and Quality Managers.
- Approve despatches by signing off paperwork to acknowledge that agreed quality standards have been met.
- Carry out training on build methods and required quality standards for all operatives.
- Review build methods and improve, streamline where required.
- Liaise with Design and Engineering to update BOM's, drawings as required.
- In conjunction with the Quality Coordinator you will write standard operating procedures for all production processes.
- Promote and ensure compliance of all relevant Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental legislation including housekeeping of all areas.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous supervisory experience in a similar organisation.
- Knowledge of process/procedures to ISO9001 quality standards.
- Strength of character to be able to effect and facilitate change.
- Quality control and procedure orientated.
- Ability to promote best practice and good house-keeping and safety.
- Good leadership skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Quick to understand, learn and devise or apply ideas.
- Previous experience of ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 implementation an advantage.
- Computer literate, in particular Word and Excel.
- ERP/MRP System experience preferred.
- mechanical assembly
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"