Production Supervisor (Food)
Salary:£25,500 per annum + pension
Day Shifts: Tuesday - Saturday 7.00am - 5.15pm or Sunday - Thursday 7.00am - 5.15pm
A leading and established supplier of fresh produce to UK retailers, food service and wholesale sectors are looking to recruit for a Production Supervisor to join their in-house production / operations department.
You will have supervisory responsibility for a team of production line leaders and warehouse team leaders ensuring that all operational and warehouse activities are completed accurately, concisely and to the required standards of quality, legality and safety. A key part of the role is to coordinate the activities of the warehouse and packhouse ensuring continuity of supply and timely order output. The role requires the effective management of staff including the organisation of people, materials, labels, operational throughput and packaging.
- Responsibility for the supervision and ongoing operational performance of a team of warehouse and packhouse staff.
- Work within a delivery, production and output schedule.
- Schedule orders effectively, maximising efficiencies and operational throughput.
- Ensure ongoing accuracy of customer data (label management and product identification).
- Support and manage KPIs and training for all staff under your authority.
- Supervisor management of the team to include time and attendance, staff registers, holiday, discipline and return to work interviews
- Responsible for the O.T.I.F out load to all customers.
- Ensure that total stock traceability is maintained throughout the intake and dispatch of all stock using the ERP system.
- Ensuring load plans, temperature checks, and maximum pallet utilisation is undertaken.
The successful candidate for the Production Supervisor role will possess the following experience:
- Previous experience of working within a warehouse or packhouse environment in a FMCG / food / fresh produce supervisory capacity (Essential)
- Experience in supervising a team of 30+ line leaders (Essential)
- Computer literate, with requirements for MS Word, Excel and Outlook (Essential)
- Experience of working in a demanding environment working with demanding customers (Essential)
- An understanding of the supply chain for exotic fruits, fresh fruit or vegetables (Essential)
- Flexibility with regards to working patterns (Essential)
Workforce manufacturing are responsible for placing several hundred dedicated operatives out to work every day across the West Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Order picking, Warehouse, Stores, Dispatch, Packing, Assembly, Machine operating and FLT Driving. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'