Production Supervisor - c£25-£29k - Ripon
Up to £29k
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please visit our website at www.strive . co. uk or join us on twitter at twitter . com/strivellp for further vacancies and information.
Our client is an award-winning and specialist blender of dairy products. We are delighted to assist them in their search for a Production Supervisor at their site near Ripon on a Monday-Friday basis, however flexibility will be required for shifts and weekends during peak times.
This is an exciting role to help continue and uphold the well-established and traditional production processes in place. Reporting into the Production Shift Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day leadership and guidance of production teams, ensuring efficiency and development of production functions. This will also include compliance with Health, Safety, all legal requirements and environmental legislation.
- Ensure accurate production plans are developed, maintained and followed in order to meet all customer requirements.
- Plan and manage labour requirements to meet demand and in consideration of holidays, shift rotas and peak times.
- Ensure Health & Safety of production & personnel and enforce strict safety guidelines.
- Review and monitor training requirements for the shop floor.
- Ensure appropriate standard of hygiene is adhered to in all production areas and that all the above are shared and deputized during the absence of the production manager.
- Be hands-on in all Planning aspects, working collaboratively with the Supply Chain team ensuring deliverance of the production plan.
- Ensure all required monitoring and logging of information in relation to HACCP / COSSH
- Ensure production efficiency.
- Manage & present KPI reports on performance, progress, downtime etc.
- Identify issues in efficiency levels and suggest & manage improvements.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in managing a high-volume manufacturing/processing environment from a food background
- Knowledge of food safety standards and legislation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be detail oriented
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to motivate & develop employees
- Excellent organisation/prioritisation skills
- Solid understanding of health & safety protocols (HACCP etc.)
This is a truly great opportunity to come into a well established and traditional set-up. Apply now for immediate consideration.
- Food Safety
- Production Teams
- Production Processes
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'