Great salary and benefits
Reporting directly to the respective Production Supervisor for packaging the shift team leader is responsible for leading the production operators in daily responsibilities.
Strong commitment to safety
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Experience working in GMP and ISO
- Mechanical aptitude - knowledge of machines and tools including design, use, repair, and maintenance
- Computer literacy
- Mathematically minded
- Able to work a 12 hour 4 on 4 off shift with rotating schedule including nights
- Able to walk up stairs, climb ladders and walk long distances
- Able to lift up to 23 kg. on a frequent basis during shift
- 2+ years relevant experience
PERFORMANCE MEASURES AND STANDARDS
- Behave in a safe manner at all times.
- Understand and adhere to all task, departmental, site, and company safety rules or standards.
- Assist in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Comply with all customer, regulatory, and quality requirements in the performance of all tasks as set out in the company's SOP's, policies and procedures.
- Review/generate completed production documentation for quality and GMP requirements. Meets all stated timing deadlines for documentation.
- Perform and/or facilitate on the job training for new and developing production operators.
- Assign work to production operators as appropriate, with a focus on effective teamwork
- Openly share and communicate all production priorities to the production team; fostering and promoting an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Attend morning production meeting, reports the daily packout/through-put and downtime, delay issues (i.e. late deliveries, mechanical/equipment downtime, etc.).
- Provide weekly summary KPI data to management as required.
- Train team to be multi skilled in order to provide cover as and when necessary
- Work in a manner to foster a positive work environment.
- Complete all training of production operations to meet performance, safety and quality expectations.
- Comply with all safety and environmental objectives/programmes/policies of the facility.
- Perform loading / unloading operations as required
- Perform cleaning, sanitizing, and all housekeeping duties as required.
- Read, understand and comply with Good Manufacturing Practices and all Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Participate in departmental reviews/updates current SOPs/Work Instructions/Forms and writing of new SOPs/Work Instructions/Forms .
- Participate in troubleshooting, efficiency and improvement activities, including corresponding documentation activities.
- Use of powered industrial equipment - including forklift.
- Complete training requirements for operations (SOP's)
- Ability to perform job tasks to meet production needs.
- Completing job tasks to meet department schedule.
- Responsible for meeting daily production metrics.
- Responsible for on the job training of the operators.
- Demonstrate effective time management
- In your absence you are to ensure that the tasks assigned to you are adequately covered by trained personnel. You are responsible to communicate and work with your manager to ensure your workload is covered when you are out.
- Other duties as assigned.
Teamwork & Code of Conduct
- Maintain a safe, compliant and environmentally friendly operation
- Listen to our customers, suppliers and employees
- Respond quickly to customer concerns
- Follow set guidelines for GMP, quality and safety requirements
- Maintain training on applicable procedures in quality, GMP, and safety
- Report any safety, security, and / or quality issues to supervisor without delay
- Provide flexible and innovative strategies to support new business opportunities
- Be cost effective in the utilisation of our resources
- Strive for continued improvement
- Maintain willingness to learn
- Maintain positive "Can Do" attitude
- Computer Literate
- Team Leader
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Team Player
- Shift Leader
- Physical Fitness
- GMP experience
- ISO experience