• Responsible for the H&S performance of the area.
• Identify areas for improvement, suggesting projects using lean tools and techniques. Leading the department’s submission of 5 minute Kaisen’s.
• Assist in compiling and implementing training documents.
• Ensure operating procedures are accurate, up to date and being followed.
• Assist the Technical Lead with NCN or RGN investigations.
• Maintain stock levels of machinery consumables and PPE.
• Ensure adherence to 5s +.
• Report maintenance issues via ‘Frontline’ and then liaise with maintenance to organise work and order spare parts.
• Ensure team understands and follows the quality system.
• Allocate work to individuals to ensure the area operates at optimum efficiency.
• Building and maintaining skill levels within the area.
Some heavy lifting is required in this role.
Hours: 38 per week
A good standard of education is required and should include 5 GCSE’s or equivalent. Vocational Qualification in a technical discipline or have relevant experience working in manufacturing processing environment.
• Team player who possesses a practical mechanical aptitude
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Fair understanding of software packages, including Word and Excel
• Ability to build strong relationships
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• High level of health and safety performance with increased focus on process safety
• Challenges people who are not exhibiting the correct H&S behaviours
• Support and carrying out investigations on a regular basis.
• Pro-actively starting H&S improvement projects
• Fault identification and resolution routinely carried out on the machines. (In conjunction with the maintenance department as applicable)
• Responsibility for all day to day operation of equipment.
• Ensure consistency of RCM checks and procedures
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'