THOMAS Recruitment are exclusively recruiting on behalf of a prosperous family-owned business, which has been making health and beauty products for over 100 years. As a family company, they believe that this has a significant positive impact on the way they work and interact, and invest heavily in their people, relationships, brands and assets. They’ve taken their traditional strengths and added forward-looking professional management to create a successful new breed of company.
Our client, is looking for a conscientious, driven and experienced Production Shift Manager to join their ambitious team. Integrity runs through their business, they show respect for all and are open, honest and fair.
This is a full time permanent position required shift patterns are 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm, Monday to Friday.
- The basic salary is up to £31,836.
- Plus shift allowance of 16.6% - with potential earnings up to £37,200
- 25 days holiday per year (usually 3 days to be taken during the Christmas shutdown) plus 8 Statutory Bank Holidays
- Private Healthcare cover with BUPA (first £150 to be paid by employee)
- Company Sick Pay (after 6 months service)
- Workplace Pension Scheme (Employee & Company Contributions)
- Enhanced Maternity Pay provisions (after 2 years’ service)
- Profit Share Scheme
- Free Life Assurance Scheme (up to 6 times annual salary)
- Savings Club (Join December of each year)
- Lifestyle Benefits scheme (up to £200 a year on Lifestyle and Personal Development)
- Employee Assistance Programme - Freephone helpline available 24/7/365
- An essential part of the role is to ensure that the plan is delivered on time, ensuring that both quality and efficiency are adhered to, through ongoing management of the team, using the MDI boards alongside the situational leadership programme.
- Maintain Visibility on the shop floor, driving performance of the team and support functions to deliver the plan. Using the PDP process, manage the teams through the 1-1 programme to develop both team and the individual by providing support and quality feedback.
- Need to learn and understand all key Cost aspects of the production Floor. This includes Labour Costs/ Wastage Costs (bulk & packaging)/ Downtime Costs/ Productivity.
- Improve Labour Costs, by accurately recording the labour efficiency and Labour rate and deliver improvements of 20% and 50% respectively.
- Assist and facilitate improvement initiatives on production efficiency to achieve an average of 85% on capacity constrained lines and 75% on remaining production lines.
- Collect the MDI data from the Line Managers to analyse the detail and communicate findings to the Production Manager.
- Manage the adherence of the production plan by ensuring the correct utilization of personnel and ensure that any changes and unforeseen events are communicated and escalated where necessary, thus ensuring a minimum 85% plan attainment figure.
- Attend the MDI/ formal meetings.
- Through the process of gap analysis, develop training plans for all production employees and execute these training plan to ensure improved performance.
- Manage attendance and absenteeism, deal with any issues that arise, working with HR if necessary to resolve them.
- Ensure compliance to all site Health & Safety Regulations.
- Complete NCRs as per the company procedure and carry out investigations at the time of the event to get to the root cause of the issue.
The Successful Candidate:
- Will have the ability and willingness to install pride and ownership within the team to enable them to drive performance.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A person who is committed in driving change and improvements. They would need to be able to adhere to and promote our core values building a culture of personal accountability.
- Be able to ensure excellence in operational delivery by monitoring performance against plans. Use the core values to shape the culture in the production area and the company in general. Ensure that the right behavior and skill sets are adopted in the production area, this will be achieved by using the situational leadership model.
- Ensure that coaching and development is carried out, and build a culture of high challenge, guaranteeing that the correct level support is available.
- Production Management
- Fast Paced Environment
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Working Experience