Know How Resourcing are recruiting for a Production Setter for our client based in Keighley.
Main Purpose: Working as part of a team of machine setters within the thermoforming production environment, you will be ensuring the smooth running of machines, achieving quality and production targets to the highest level.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Working in accordance with the company’s BRC Certification, Health & Safety policy and good manufacturing practice.
2. Performing product changeovers, setups and run established tooling to the manufacturing specification, particularly within the production time targets.
3. Diagnose and correct running faults in a timely manner.
4. Effectively communicate progress and any issues that arise with the Shift Manager.
5. Remove skeletal waste from the back end of the machine, following the SOP.
6. Complete the required information on the job pack sheet, fully and accurately, especially the recording of downtime and the reasons.
7. Maintain and improve machine efficiencies (ensuring index size is run on its minimum and machine runs maximum cycle time for product). As well as constantly improving toll change times.
8. Identify tool prep requirements and communicate these and any defects to tooling technicians via the tolling check sheet.
9. Ensure machines are maintained at the highest hygiene level possible.
10. Control the process to maximise output but minimise scrap (use set up rolls wherever possible)
11. Provide cover for production team, covering breaks and when not setting machines.
12. Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
13. Take an active part in any training and development programmes.
1. To be responsible for working to the requirements of the company’s Quality Policy and procedure.
2. To make suggestions as to how the Quality systems can be improved.
Health & Safety
1. To comply with all responsibilities under the company’s Health & Safety at Work Policy.
2. To ensure all equipment used in production is correctly used and properly maintained.
3. Report any safety infringement.
4. To know the locations of and practice correct handling procedures for potentially hazardous products.
1. To comply with all aspects of company Hygiene standards.
2. To ensure all procedures concerning work station and company housekeeping standards are followed.
3. To make every effort to conserve power and minimize waste.
4. To wear the uniform and safety wear provided, keeping it clean and tidy at all times.
1. To communicate accurately and effectively with all members of staff.
2. To report appropriate information to colleagues and Manager.
1. To ensure understanding and compliance with the Company’s security procedures including those for IT.
2. To report any unauthorised personnel seen on the premises, and any incident of damage or theft.
The shift pattern alternates 4 days 7pm-7am, 4 days off, 4 days 7am-7pm and then 4 days off and repeat.
If you are interested please send us your CV and call us.
- Production Engineering
- Machine Control
- Production Processes