We are currently working to source a Production Scheduler to work for a leading OEM based in the West Midlands on a permanent basis. Is this you? If so, please read through and click apply now.
The purpose of this role is to generate mass Production Schedules & drive accurate execution across Production/ Supply base.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Responsible for creating the Production Schedule within the system ensuring it matches the Production Plan.
- Manage forecast demand in the Production Schedule and monitor verses the OXO take rate assumptions submitted by each Programme.
- Allocate customer orders into vehicle 'slots' in the Production Schedule to achieve customer delivery dates requirements, assure parts supply, ensure constraints are not broken and that supplier lead times are not compromised.
- Close management of Q cars into the Production Schedule to ensure no impact through Production Planning.
- Monitor production volumes across all Production areas and take corrective planning actions when required to retain the validity and stability of the schedule.
- Manage the sales order amendment process to ensure changes are managed without impact on production or existing supplier deliveries.
- Manage model year run out and run in planning within the schedule and ensure run out lead times are maintained.
- Liaise with NML team to ensure Launch cars are scheduled in line with NML plans and do not break any constraints.
- Any other related tasks to maintain or improve production scheduling & execution.
Qualification & Experience:
- Highly numerical person with great attention to detail.
- An awareness of Lean Manufacturing would be an advantage but not essential
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy, together with the ability to work accurately and efficiently, taking resourceful action during periods of considerable pressure.
- Automotive manufacturing experience desirable.
- High degree of MS Office knowledge is essential (with emphasis on Excel).
- Degree or Higher diploma qualified or equivalent preferable.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.