£35,000 Basic Salary, 25 days holiday (plus banks) Company Pension Scheme
Our client designs and manufactures advanced electronic test and measurement equipment and laboratory power supplies. The products my client manufactures are available to purchase throughout the world. All products are designed and manufactured at their site in Huntingdon
Due to growth they are now looking for a talented Production Engineer who can join them to be the best that the industry has to offer. You will be working closely alongside your experienced colleagues to deliver and maintain the highest levels of manufacturing performance.
• Ensure the SMT area is working with world class manufacturing principles
• Analyse defect data and drive changes through to manufacturing processes and systems to improve quality and efficiency
• Primary focus will at all times be upon ensuring that the Production Engineering function provides world class methods and processes to the manufacturing areas enabling production teams to deliver product to our customers right first time, every time, on time.
• Use your ‘Lean Manufacturing’ experience to reduce non value adding activity within the manufacturing areas
• Ensure relevant personnel trained in all new manufacturing disciplines
• Ensure quality principles & standards are applied & adhered to throughout manufacturing
• Collate data for input to build reports
• Assist with technical support for all assembly and manufacturing operations
• Provide qualified estimated labour times for the assembly of new products and ensure these meet actual times
• Ownership and accountability for manufacturing processes throughout the shop floor as well as generating required documentation, instructions, product routings.
• Solid understanding and experience of SMT and PTH assembly processes
• Programming automated equipment in SMT and PTH assembly areas
• Demonstrable experience of process improvements
• Thorough understanding of the electronics manufacturing environment gained from a low volume high variety environment
• Hands on experience of NPI
• Excellent MS Excel skills
If you are interested in applying for this fantastic opportunity then please contact Alex Butterworth on the below details.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job