Production Planning Manager
£35,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
Due to continued growth my client, a leading manufacturing business based in the East Riding of Yorkshire area is looking to appoint an experienced Production Planning Manager. The business is continuing its investment across the operation and is looking for a candidate who is highly motivated, driven and eager to progress their career to join and help achieve the company goals over the short, medium and long term.
The accountabilities of the role include;
- Manage the Planning team to ensure high performance of the department.
- Develop inventory targets and manage production to achieve targeted inventory levels on both a cost and unit basis.
- Identify gaps and drive solutions, ensuring continuous improvement is always a key focus.
- Maintain finished goods inventory at target levels in ensure high service levels, i.e. product availability.
- Project finished goods inventory levels on a quarterly basis. Achieve desired inventory turn targets.
- Monitor actual output versus the Master Production Plan.
- Review sales forecast with business manager monthly, and suggest modifications consistent with knowledge of current or historical demand.
- Timely reporting of key metrics.
- Support the S&OP process meetings to review service levels, performance against schedule, inventory strategy, supply plan to meet demand and resource implications.
The successful candidate will fit the below profile;
- Production Planning Management experience, specifically within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Strong Excel knowledge & experience.
- MRP / ERP experience is essential with knowledge of implementation an added benefit
- Leadership experience, managing Production Planners and Planning Team Leaders.
- Hands on approach to day to day work, being an active, visible presence across the operation.
- Continuous Improvement experience - Lean / Six Sigma.
- Desire to continually develop and progress themselves and their team.
- Strong inventory management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
£35,000 - £45,000pa + Benefits.
Our client is a leading organisation in their field.
- Production Planning
- planning manager
- Demand Planner
- Production Planner
- Supply Planner
- materials planner