Gi Group are currently recruiting for a Production Planning Manager for our Food Manufacturing client based in Hull.
- The Planning Manager is directly responsible to the Manufacturing Manager
- The Planning Manager is expected to follow instructions from other Departmental Managers and the company Directors.
- The Planning Manager is directly responsible for Production Administrator(s).
The Planning Manager must:-
- Follow the Health and Safety rules of the company which are designed to protect the individual and the workforce as a whole.
- Report problems to the Production Manager when appropriate.
- Deputise for another member of the production team if requested by the company
- Departmental Duties:
The Planning Manager must:
- Ensure production activities are effectively planned with a view to maximising production efficiency, minimising waste whilst aiming at 100% customer service.
- Participate in management of material stock levels, advising buyer of potential under/over stocking issues at the earliest opportunity.
- Maintain production forecast data as far as is possible to aid effective forward material purchasing and labour/capacity planning
- Maintain and advise on the general effectiveness of business planning systems with a view to continuous improvement.
- Ensure that the mixing slip system & material traceability are maintained accurately at all times and that required filing/scanning of documents is undertaken as required
- Manage out-sourced processing activities effectively with a view to achieving point (1.)
- Purchase delegated items with a view to achieving point (1.)
- Participate in QDF management inc input into weekly meeting and follow up action
- Ensure any stock checking activity required of planning is resourced and completed accurately and on time.
- Co-ordinate fortnightly planning meeting, providing accurate & current plan/forecast data
- Co-ordinate daily planning meeting, communicating plan to production team and aiding efficient crewing levels.
- Participate in daily operations meeting, providing plan overview to wider team.
- Collate & maintain production KPI information and report as and when required
- Ensure any labelling activity under the management of planning is completed on time and complies with technical guidelines at all times.
- Ensure all planning activities are effectively resourced, advising Manager of any issues arising.
This is a permanent position with an immediate start available. Salary for this role is £32-£35k per annum depending on experience.
Please apply online or call the office on for more information.
- Production Manager
- Production Planner