We’re working in partnership with our client to recruit for a Production Planner to join their team on the outskirts of Lancaster. This is a Fixed Term Contract role for 12 months.
As the Production Planner you will be responsible for managing all aspects of materials flow and to maintain control and accuracy over all goods, inventories, costs, planning, scheduling, to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on time. In parallel there is a requirement to interface with the R&D team to support new product introduction and appropriate pre-production manufacture. A background in purchasing would be highly advantageous.
Some of the Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities include:
- To analyse the Sales orders and creating works orders via the MRP system
- Load multiple manufacturing cell with work, balancing demand & capacity.
- Coordinate and work with quality, engineering, and operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues
- Maintain forecast to keep stock levels as low as possible, while at the same time balancing lead-time to customer
- Work with Development team on New Product Introduction (NPI) including creation of new part number and codes.
- Issuing of stock lists to sales on a frequent basis.
- Work with Buyer to negotiate best prices on procured items
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of Planning within multiple cell manufacturing environments.
- Be proficient working with an MRP system
- Possess strong organisational and time management skills.
- Have strong problem solving skills, resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Have strong presentation and reporting skills
Our client are offering a very attractive salary for this position along with 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, Pension Scheme and flexibility to home work for some of the working week once established within the role.
Use of your own transport is required due to the location of this role.
If this role sounds of interest please apply now.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'