Production and Capacity Planner - Lisburn, Northern Ireland.
We are recruiting on behalf of our client, who is a successful and ambitious company built around an excellent engineering team involved in the design, development and manufacture of rugged electronics devices and software.
The Company has offices in Lisburn, Leeds, and London and employs over 80 people. With an international market presence, ambitious plans for continued growth and cutting-edge technologies. Due to continued success and product diversification we now have a requirement for a Production & Capacity Planner to join our Operations team in Lisburn. We are currently looking for an innovative individual with excellent planning and problems solving skills to contribute in a fast-moving team environment.
The successful candidate will plan and schedule the flow of products from initial order right through to Production QC and shipping to the customer, balancing supplier lead times, production/QC job requirements and the customer required ship dates. This is a pivotal role within the company that interfaces with several different areas throughout the working day.
The responsibilities of any successful candidate will include:
- Release of all required jobs on Epicor to satisfy the customer demand
- Schedule of jobs through production and QC in line with capacity constraints
- Close liaison with purchasing department with respect to short notice and ad hoc material requirements
- Maintain the master production schedule
- Provide timely and accurate feedback to the Sales department on projected lead times for potential sales
- Undertake re-planning/re-scheduling as required to react to changes in material delivery to minimise any potential impact to the customer
- Chair daily production stand ups and weekly planning meetings to communicate the upcoming schedule
- Maintain and improve efficiency through analysis of production operation times
- Undertake analysis of WIP variance to provide accurate information to the finance department
- Liaison with Engineering to support hardware requirements for projects and other engineering activity
- Support configuration management activity through membership of the ECN committee
- Providing and maintaining regular reports as required to support other business functions THE PERSON
- Candidates wishing to apply should have:
- The ability to work comfortably in a multi-disciplined team
- The ability to plan and schedule based on frequently changing information
- Strong attention to detail
- Clear and concise communication skills
- A proactive and forward-thinking attitudeCOMPETENCIES Essential
- QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 2 years experience in a production planning or scheduling role
- Experience using an MRP system to plan and schedule production activity
- Experience interfacing with multiple business functions
- Experience using Epicor v10
- HND in a planning/production related subject
- Experience working within an Electronics or PCB production environment SALARY AND BENEFITS
Excellent company benefits package including pension and life insurance policy.
For further information please send cv via email or call Paula on
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'