Inside Out Purchasing & Supply has been engaged to recruit an experienced Production Planner. This role comes with excellent benefits and career progression opportunities.
The Role :
To manage finished goods, sub-assembly and bulk from receipt of components & raw materials through weighing, manufacture and production to the availability of the goods for relevant markets. To optimise production efficiency whilst maintaining Inventory, NPD and Service targets.
* Accountable for the production planning of all cell products including launch items.
* Support NPD programme, track launch requirements, highlight risks and work with vendors
* Management of the Master Production Schedule (MPS) and line schedules associated with the designated cell, ensure they are feasible and match business needs.
* Review and analyze the daily service level through the Low Inventory Reports associated with the designated cell and generate action plans for improvement
* Report up to date production information on low stocks and out of stock reports
* Work to minimise inventory excess and risk of obsolescence whilst maintaining material availability to support production plans.
* Manage the smooth discontinuation and phase out of products touching the cell, avoiding excess where possible and ensure communication of associated liabilities to Inventory analyst.
* Manage the return of reject stock to vendors, using the appropriate documentation and process.
* Identify and resolve conflicts with critical component shortages
* Schedule availability of materials with vendors, considering supply chain constraints.
* Place orders as required to support plan, sharing appropriate documentation with suppliers to communicate requirements. Maintain system to accurately reflect delivery schedule.
* Lead first level supplier performance management through weekly/monthly calls, preparation of KPIs and developing joint action plans with suppliers to drive improvements in supply reliability.
* Understand and maintain system parameters to optimise MRP.
* Investigate and resolve invoice queries as appropriate.
* To support planning aspects of initiatives for further integration with strategic suppliers - Global Material Supply Planning programme.
The Person :
* Educated to A-level or equivalent.
* Relevant degree qualifications are an advantage.
* APICS or CIPS professional qualifications are an advantage.
* Competent user of IT Systems - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, OMP+, SAP, JDA, MFR, Compass)
* Competent user of SAP/R3 Systems.
* Experience in delivering a customer focused service within an FMCG or similar manufacturing environment.
* Ability to manage a broad and complex portfolio of goods, focusing on priorities against a challenging backdrop of change.
* Highly Analytical
* Understanding of production planning , material supply and NPD processes
* Excellent knowledge and Understanding of all Cell capabilities.
* Key Knowledge of Planning Process including creating plans and scheduling
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'