The Supply Chain and Logistics Division of SF Group are recruiting for a Production Planner to support with the day to day running of the busy production planning team for our client in Leicestershire.
As the Production Planner you will be responsible for ensuring that deliveries arrive at customer sites within agreed timescales and in the most cost efficient way. This can either be through the businesses own fleet or through external hauliers.
You will also be responsible for:
- Raising new sales orders via SAP
- Speaking with external hauliers and arranging deliveries
- Calling drivers and arranging suitable deliveries
- Planning all deliveries to customers and between sites
- Allocate time slots with customers including providing estimated delivery times
- Responding to any issues around production/ deliveries with customers
The ideal candidate will have extremely strong customer service skills and be able to communicate with people at all levels with confidence both via the phone and over email. You will also ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Experience of production planning
- Excellent customer service skills (essential)
- Strong organisational and administration skills
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK
- Adaptable to change and able to work in a fast paced environment
- IT competent - SAP (desirable)
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
This role is covering maternity leave and will be a fixed term contract to cover this period.
Salary is dependent on experience paying £24,000 depending on experience based on a 37.5 hour working week.
If this sounds like you please contact Alice Wright on or alternatively please apply below and if you are suitable for the role a consultant will be in touch.