Production Planner / Blackburn / £25,000 - £30,000 / Fixed Term Contract
Your new company
You will join an industry leading manufacturer in Blackburn
Your new role
Reporting into the Planning & Inventory Manager you oversee the following key duties-
- Plan all site jobs by production cell to meet customer deadlines.
- Manage changes to plan by liaising between Sales and Production to achieve customer expectations.
- Respond to communications from internal and external stakeholders in a professional and timely manner.
- Understand capabilities of individual production areas and allocate work accordingly to best utilize equipment and achieve deadlines.
- Conduct weekly capacity meetings with operations and manufacturing.
- Facilitate effective communication with key stakeholders to manage customer expectation and production targets.
- Liaise with major customers to forecast production capacity against demand
- Supervise planning assistant in their daily tasks.
- Analyse historical data relating to production and capacity.
- Deputise in the absence of the Planning Manager.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven experience Production / Manufacturing Planning in a fast paced environment
- Experience of a multi production cell environment is beneficial but not must have
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a structured, logical and timely manner
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills including Excel
What you'll get in return
£25,000 - £30,000 dependant on experience plus benefits including bonus.
This role is initially a fixed term contract with a strong likelihood it will turn permanent.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job