Reporting to the Factory Team Leader, the role encompasses all areas of customer demand planning and factory planning, taking production works orders and efficiently planning them into a production plan based on material allocations and available resources.
Salary - circa £25,000
Key responsibilities for the Production Planner -
- * Allocate and issue stock against works orders
- Raising and completing work orders in a timely manner to ensure customer OTD is met
- * Working with the supply chain team to highlight and mitigate shortages
- * Highlight future risks to the Factory Team Leader through the production order book
- * Update TAKT time weekly per cell to show units due vs capacity
- * Attend and participate in the weekly order book review meeting
- * Attend and contribute to the daily department stand-up meeting
- * Scrap reporting and analysis
- * Continually review areas where efficiencies can be found through the planning process
- * Contribute to site operational and strategic initiatives
- * Monitor material inventories including finished goods, raw material and packaging
- * Undertake any other duties and tasks that may be allocated that are appropriate to the position
Key Skills and experience required for the position of Production Planner -
- Computer Literate - Excel and Word
- Experience of MRP/JDE systems would be advantageous
- Knowledge of production planning and quality control
- Commercial awareness demonstrating how failure impacts the costs, production, manufacture and customer order fulfilment
- Strong Communication
- 5s, Kanban and Lean manufacturing techniques would be an advantage
If you are an experience production planner, and are seeking a new challenge within a growing manufacturing organisation, then please apply below.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- production planning OR manufacturing OR materials planning