SF Group are recruiting for an experienced Production Planner to join a well established company and team in Derbyshire on a permanent. The role is ideal for someone who has a passion for Planning, Production and Supply Chain
The Production Planner will be responsible for creating and maintaining an effective production schedule that ensures customer requirements are met wherever possible. The Production Planner will be comfortable and capable of operating in a complex, fast pace and make to order manufacturing environment.
Duties will include:
- Carry out duties in accordance with company procedures
- Carrying out all operations within a safe manner, utilising appropriate personal protective equipment as specified and complying with all site procedures
- Participate in safety initiatives and where appropriate assist in audits and incident reporting
- Create and maintain production schedules and prioritise works orders such that productivity and customer service are optimised
- Provide planning-related information as required to the manufacturing and other relevant functions
- Monitor, analyse and report adherence to plan
- Work with all relevant functions to ensure that departmental and site KPI's are achieved or exceeded
- Extensive experience in a production planning role within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and understanding of variety of production planning and control techniques using both manual systems and a range of different MRP System
- Knowledge of Axapta- however this is desirable and not essential
- IT literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft office and of Excel in particular
- Good written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Customer focused (internally and externally)
Our client is looking for someone who is excellent IT skills, meaning you will ideally have advanced excel skills - ideally SAP.
You will be a confident team player and leader with the ability to thrive in an environment of constant change.
You will also be ideally from either a Manufacturing, Engineering or Automotive background.
The role is a six month contract paying between £25,000 - £30,000 depending on your experience and the role is exclusively with SF Group so if this sounds like you, then please apply.