Production Planner - Fabrication Industry
Westray Recruitment Consultants are looking for an experienced Production Planner based very near Seaham, who has a proven track record of planning and expediting. Ideally, you would be Time Served in welding and fabrication to work for a "one stop shop" bespoke fabrication business based in Seaham. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a wide skill set around fabrication, people management, production scheduling, procurement, forecasting and client relationship building. Applicants need to be able to work within an organisation who produces a range of bespoke fabrication products within both light and heavy engineering industry.
- Oversee the production process and draw up a production schedule
- Ensure that production is cost effective
- Decide what resources are required
- Draft a timescale for the job
- Estimate costs and set the quality standards
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
- Be responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment
- Monitor product standard and implement quality control programmes
- Liaise among different departments, including suppliers and managers
- Work with managers to implement the company's policies and goals
- Work alongside the Financial Director to decide on labour costs, also work with Directors to assist with quotations
- Work with site coordinator to programme installation schedules in line with production
- Check all drawings are correct before issuing to production
- Time served from a welding and/or fabrication background would be a bonus
- Experienced in light and heavy industries
- ISO9001:2008 knowledge
- Understanding of BS EN 1090 CE Structural
- Strong working knowledge of the Fabrication Industry
- A solid Estimating background would be beneficial
- A solid understanding of how a business runs successfully
- A strong leader with a motivated and self-driven attitude
This is a permanent position working day shifts, including 7am-4pm Monday-Thursday and 7am-3pm on Fridays.
The salary for this role is dependent upon experience and relevancy for the position. The role is paying circa £25K-£27K.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch with Joe Rowan in consideration for this role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job