- Working in a heavy industry environment
- Using measuring tools, tapes and cutting steel
- Operating machinery
- Working to written instructions/tickets
- Adhering to strict health and safety guidelines
- Working within a team to operate, set and maintain manufacturing plant and equipment whilst delivering the required quality standards on a shift by shift basis, in line with company procedures.
- Follow established procedures and guidelines to manufacture the organisation's steel products according to production specifications and schedules; volume, cost, and wastage targets; and quality standards.
- Operate machines and production equipment safely and in accordance with instructions.
- Monitor the quality of output to identify, discard, or re-manufacture faulty products.
- Operating of power and hand tools if required
- The candidate should have previous experience within a production/labouring environment.
- Previous experience within the steel industry a strong advantage.
- Experience of working within a team to achieve the required deadlines in line with the specifications provided and have an awareness of health and safety requirements.
- Sound knowledge of the role of a manufacturing/production function
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Experience of building relationships with co-workers, Cross-discipline team working
- Experience in similar manufacturing business
- An understanding of health & safety requirements
- Excellent time management and personal organisational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good communication skills
Hours - Shifts
Monday - Friday 6:00am - 2:30pm
Over time offered after period of time if required.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'