We are currently recruiting a Production Operative for our client based in Cardiff to start immediately, temporary initially with a view to becoming permanent.
* Operate machines and production equipment safely and in accordance with instructions.
* Inspect, maintain and assemble a range of Stand and Finishing Block rolling equipment.
* Use a range of tools and machinery, and follow technical drawings.
* Inspect, maintain and fit required Production Service equipment for product to be rolled as per the product Fettle Sheets.
* Inspect and fit Water Boxes and Equalization Troughs to correct range for product to be rolled as per product Fettle Sheets.
* Work collaboratively with other team members and shifts to ensure effective running of the process.
* Always adhering to the Business Cardinal rules.
* Be proactive with regards your safety and the safety of others.
* Work in a safe manner and have a proactive approach to all Health & Safety and
* Promote Total Quality Management and Continuous Improvement.
The following skills/knowledge would be preferable but not essential:
* Operating within a total quality/lean manufacturing environment.
* Experience of using a range of hand tools and workshop machinery.
* Have an organised approach to work.
* Ability to work in, and with, a multi-discipline team.
* Health & Safety legislation specific to Heavy Manufacturing.
* Previous experience of welding/fabrication and oxy propane cutting
* Previous experience of operating overhead cranes by remote.
* Previous experience within a steel manufacturing sector.
Hours : 4 on 4 off, Days and Nights, 12 hour shifts
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'