Production Operator & Stand In Section Leader
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Operator to join our passionate and knowledgeable Cove Department as the Cove Operator and Stand In Section Leader. This exciting role will see you outline what the post holder will be doing, utilising outline experience and skills required.
The successful applicant will become part of a safety conscious, established team, striving to improve our process plant at World Class level.
What will you be doing in the role?
In the role as Cove Operator and Stand in Section Leader you will;
- Demonstrate an absolute commitment to your own and others safety.
- Be operating all aspects of the Cove Line from Wet End to Take Off.
- Work in a team with the rest of the Cove Operators, Maintenance and Warehouse teams.
- Actively participating in a continuous improvement culture, driving towards improving our World Class Manufacturing standards.
- Plan, organise and focus in order to meet production requirements.
- Go the extra mile to ensure that the process runs as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Be conscientious and self-disciplined in relation to product standards.
- Go on to support both shifts as Stand in Section Leader after full training.
Am I what you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Cove Plant Production Operator and Stand in Section Leader specifically it is important that you have:
- General attitude towards basic technical and mechanical understanding.
- Computer literacy essential qualifications/skill/experience.
- Experience of lean manufacturing techniques would be an advantage.
- Need to demonstrate good levels of literacy and numeracy, high safety standards, a continuous improvement focus, an understanding of customer needs, and a “can do” attitude.
What about the business you’ll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for British Gypsum – part of the Saint-Gobain group and the UK's leading manufacturer of plasterboard and plaster-based dry lining systems and products.
In Saint-Gobain, each woman and man is able to build a career without boundaries in a genuine and ambitious group. At British Gypsum we’re proud to support this promise and offer our people a world of opportunity, all the challenge they’ll ever need and colleagues with great pride in what they’re a part of.
Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What will you get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, British Gypsum is able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package.
In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within British Gypsum or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate.
The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do you need to do now?
We would love to hear from you. In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site.
We recognise the value of diversity and the talents that those from diverse backgrounds can contribute to our success. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and in particular we would like to welcome and attract more women into our business.
No Agency CV’s please.
Applicants must have eligibility to work in the UK (sponsorship is not available for this position).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'