Gi Group are currently recruiting for Assembly Operatives for a prestigious motorcycle manufacturer based in Hinckley for on-going work.
Hours of work - 8 hour shifts between the hours of 7am and 7pm (7am-4pm, 8am-5pm, 9am-6pm, 10am-7pm)
Flexibility to work these shifts is essential.
Salary £9.13 - £11.60 after 12 weeks.
As an Assembly Operative working in a fast paced production environment, you would be responsible for the assembly of both chassis and engine components on a range of motorcycles.
Role and responsibilities:
* Assembly and sub-assembly of motorcycles, ensuring the products are assembled to meet the required quality standards and delivery timescales
* Working to strict production timings on a moving production line
* Undertake cosmetic and functional quality checks and identify improvement opportunities
* Following working procedures accurately to produce consistent products
* Use of hand tools and automated production equipment
Experience and skills required:
* High level of attention to detail to ensure quality
* Manual dexterity
* Motivated, responsible and trustworthy with excellent attendance and timekeeping
* Previous experience of working in a production or automotive assembly environment and knowledge of motorcycles or engine mechanics would be desirable
Working hours but will vary depending on the build plan; weekend and Bank Holiday work may be required.
Prospective candidates will undertake a line trial as part of the recruitment process.