This job has ended. Find similar jobs.

Production Operative

Posted 3 April by The Best Connection Group Ltd Ended

A rare and exciting opportunity to work for a unique, well-established geodesic dome company is available in the Southampton area.

The Production & Site Operative role

The role of Production & Site operative is 60% factory based with the remaining 40% required for installations on-site throughout the UK and occasionally abroad. The role involves metalwork, assembly of parts, quality control, working to drawings, packing and crating, and installation of aluminium geodesic domes. You must be of a clean and tidy appearance, be honest and ethical, and physically fit to join our team. You will be part of a family team environment in a growing and unique company where innovation is key and everyone’s opinion matters.

This diverse and challenging role requires you to be able to demonstrate the following skills:

  • Proven experience in a manufacturing/production/site environment (preferably Glass/Aluminium)
  • Practical skills -experience of using hand and power tools
  • Hardworking, reliable, quick to learn
  • Physically fit and the ability to work safely and confidently at height
  • Flexibility – site work will require the candidate to work away from home - UK and Abroad
  • Excellent eye for detail and quality - for manufacturing and build quality
  • Organised and efficient with the ability to work on own and use initiative where required
  • Excellent people skills & good team player
  • Technical Problem solver
  • Enthusiastic with a can do positive attitude
  • Ability to follow procedures and work to H&S guidelines
  • Computer literate – word, excel, email, etc.

Working times are: 08.30-17.00 with 30 minutes lunch break.

Pay rate is age dependant £9.00 if all criteria and tickets are applicable.

The Ideal Production & Site Operative will need the following Qualifications

Full driving license ( 3 points max )

Valid CSCS Health and safety card.

Fork lift license ( training offered for the right candidate )

IPAF License (training offered for the right candidate )Plasma Certificate ( training offered for the right candidate )

Pasma certificate (training offered for the right candidate )

First aid an advantage

Additional Benefits & Requirements

  • 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
  • Canteen
  • Hourly rate as above, or the appropriate National Minimum Wage (age dependent)
  • Overtime Available
  • Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
  • Training Provided

The Best Connection Employment Group Limited was formed in 1991. The company has a network of 80+ branches throughout the UK, from which specialise in the supply of temporary labour to the industrial, HGV, warehouse and distribution sectors.

Reference: 34610209

Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.

Report this job