The Production Department is responsible for the production of technical products, accessories and spares to support customer demands; working to defined processes and procedures the department provides the physical resource necessary to add value to the manufactured items. All quality procedures and policies are followed to ensure the highest quality products are delivered to customers; on time and without the need for return.
Main Objectives of the Role
One of a team of production operatives, this role is responsible for producing finished goods, which could be either fixed or portable products, to the highest quality standards to be despatched to customers all over the world. Following the correct work instructions, the post holder has responsibility to highlight any quality issues or concerns to their supervisor, as well as contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Day to day responsibility and accountability for the effective performance of the production cell and achievement of operational manufacturing targets
- Maintain production cell area to a high standard
- Ensure tooling and equipment is working and calibrated
- Stock accuracy activities in production
- Manage product capacity cell sheet on daily basis
- Attend weekly team meeting to highlight stock shortages, Build, H&S and Quality issues
- Maintain a standard of quality and continuous improvement throughout the department
- Technicians need to be capable to build multiple products
- Technicians to be aware of regular reviews of staff performance i.e. out of box check
- Adhere and promote all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes
- Awareness of stock procedures and participation in stock take
- Able to understand and apply technical/product knowledge to achieve the necessary quality standards
- Ability to be flexible and able to work under pressure, prioritise, demonstrating good time management skills and show excellent attention to detail
- Committed to learning and development of all production levels
- Ability to support and work within a team
- Clear and confident communicator (written and verbal) at all levels
- Willing to take personal accountability for the production of high quality products and achieve the expected output levels
Skills and Experience
- A high level of manual dexterity
- Able to correctly follow detailed work instructions
- Basic working assembly knowledge
- Good understanding of manufacturing process
- Understanding of principles of Health & Safety
- Good level of written and spoken English and basic numerical ability
- Experience or interest in electronics/ engineering is ideal for this role
- Would suit somebody with NVQ Level 2 in Engineering or Manufacturing or similar
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Prioritize Workload