To apply for this role, in the first instance, please call HEADS on and ask for Scott.
If you call outside of office hours, please leave a message clearly stating your name, telephone number and which role you are applying for and we will get back in touch with you
An opportunity in Huddersfield, HD3.
Why choose this job?
- Long term role leading to a permanent position
- Full training provided
- Long weekend every week
- Immediate starts
- Equivalent of £8 per hour on Nights
- When perm, weekly bonus of £110 so equivalent of £10.75 per hour on Nights
Our client is a very successful company. They have been on the market for over 40 years and the company has become one of the largest manufacturers of the product in their field in Europe, with a reputation for manufacturing the products of the highest quality.
Operating from West Yorkshire in the UK, the manufacturing site has undergone a sustained and continued investment program, both modernising the site and the manufacturing equipment used to produce a high quality products.
We are now looking for an experienced production Operative
Please be aware that this position will start on a day shift whilst in training then moving on to nights after the initial training period.
(Days) Mon-Fri - Hours - 07:00am – 15:30 - Pay Rate - £7.50 P/H
(Nights) Mon – Thur - Hours- 15:30 – 02:00 - Pay Rate – Equivalent of £8.00 P/H
Assignment ongoing temporary to permanent for the successful candidates:-
Location – Huddersfield HD3
Due to the location and shifts of this role it would be preferable that you live in the HD3 area or have some mode of transport.
The Role of Production Operative:
This role has a number of tailored tasks and responsibilities. Your daily tasks could involve working on a very busy, fast paced production line; the successful candidate will be working within a busy team ensuring all work carried out is processed carefully and efficiently.
Your main responsibilities as a Production Operator will be to:
- Load and unload plastic materials from the machines
- Check the quality of products
- Pack goods for despatch
- Line Operating, machine minding and quality checking
- Ensure that all inputs, outputs and processes meet required specification
- To ensure accurate recording and documentation of downtime and production information
- To take active part in Continuous Improvement activities as required
- To ensure good and consistent handover and communicating all relevant issues
- The role will involve a degree of heavy lifting of plastic bath panels
- Masking off
- Removing and fitting specific plastic components
- Finalising the product for the next stage of production
- Adherence to Health and Safety rules and regulations
- Responsible for cleanliness and housekeeping standards in own area.
- Reduce wastage by using raw materials and consumable items carefully.
- Assist the Company in caring for the environment by disposing of waste products correctly.
- Usage of granulating machines
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines and targets
- Ability to cope with changes and work well under pressure
- Ability to wok well as part of a team
- ‘A can do attitude’ and a positive approach are essential for this role
- Ability and willingness to perform manual work
- A good level of English for this role is essential
- Able to work in a dusty environment
- A strong team player
- Able to work from your own initiative
- Experience of paint spraying would be advantageous
- Working with chemicals
- Working within a production environment
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working within industrial & Production environments
Please remember due to the location of the position it would be essential you are from the HD3 area or have some mode of transport.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job