Production Operative – Food – We are currently recruiting for a Production Operative to join a busy, family run food manufacturing site in Leiston, Suffolk. This established organisation are an expanding business that specialises in the blending, flavouring and roasting of healthy seed snacks.
As a Production Operative you will be part of a multi-award winning ethical business who is considered to be one of the companies in the region with the most potential to achieve, exceptional growth within their field.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the key responsibilities of the Production Operative are:
- Day to day operation of roasting & packing lines within a food factory, predominately a new bagging line
- Completion of associated production & traceability documentation associated with the operation of the roasting & packing lines.
- Carry out daily pre start, hourly & end of day checks
- Manually cartoning products at the end of the packing lines
- Cleaning of the packing lines as production schedules require
- Checking stock levels of packaging materials relevant to packing lines, requesting replenishment where necessary
- Ensure products are packed to agreed specification
- Assist with the cleaning of general production equipment
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Good communications skills
- A level 2 Food safety & Hygiene certificate, or the willingness to obtain one
- Experience within a food production or factory environment
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player
- Health and safety aware
Please Note: The routine in this role is consistent therefore the ideal candidate must have excellent attention to detail at all times. This is also a physically demanding position that will require frequent heavy lifting.
The Production Operative will also have willingness to accept flexible working patterns in line with the company’s needs. Due to the location of the business, your own transport is essential.
This is a full time position working Monday – Friday. Hours start at 30 per week with the potential to rise to 38 per week. On offer is a salary of between £8.00 to £9.00 per hour dependant on ability and aptitude.
If you have the necessary skills and think this role could be for you then we would like to hear from you. Please forward an up to date CV as soon as possible.
This vacancy is being advertised by Spider. The Regions Fixed Fee Web Recruitment Company. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
Additional keywords: Factory, operative, machine operative, food production, packing line.
By applying for this role you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.
purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.
- food production
- machine operative
- packing line.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job