First Call Contract Services have exciting opportunities within the food manufacturing sector with a market leading bakery based in Southall.
If you are looking for a career in the food manufacturing industry, we have an opportunity to join one of the UK's best performing and fastest growing brands. Due to a recent contract win with a major UK supermarket, they are looking for new talent to join their manufacturing teams.
With a pay rate of £18,389 per year (plus available overtime), our client pays above the market rate to ensure they get the best quality candidates. Following completion of your probation, you will get a company pension, 20 days holiday per year to start, and a permanent contract.
You will work a rotating shift pattern, three days on and three days off. You will work two sets of day shifts, followed by two sets of night shifts (07.00 - 19.00, then 19.00 - 07.00). Please do not apply if you cannot work both days and nights as this is non negotiable.
Your key duties, as well as any other tasks as required, will be as follows;
- Mixing ingredients, portioning dough, and loading / unloading ovens
- Working on a production line, hand finishing bread / cakes etc
- Helping to manage the baking process, with help from your area manager
- Being flexible and happy to work on any production line
- Help new staff when they start
- Moving pallets and using manual handling equipment
Essential skills are as follows;
- Good English, both spoken and written
- Ability to learn and understand food safety and hygiene rules
- Physically fit and able to complete manual handling tasks
- Be helpful, flexible, good at teamwork and happy to work towards the team goals
We look forward to receiving a detailed CV showing your previous jobs and your duties performed. All successful candidates will be required to attend an interview in Southall.
- Production Line
- Production Lines
- Production Operative