My client is the largest independent co-packer in the UK, working with some of the best-known food brands to provide cost-effective and innovative co-packing and co-manufacturing solutions. With over 30 years experience, a national network of co-packing facilities, committed staff and a flexible approach to business, my client continues to lead the market.
Purpose of the role: Working closely with the Customer Commercial functions, Site Operation, Engineering & Warehouse teams, the Production Planner will be responsible for the plan on behalf of the designated customer/s. This will also include Ordering materials to facilitate the plan, planning production, managing customer stock levels & engaging with customers or suppliers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Specific tasks include (please note that this list is not exhaustive):
* Primary day to day contact for Customer in relation to the production plans
* Responsible of planning & scheduling all production for the customer
* Ensure all customer / factory constraints are managed & communicated accordingly. Work within Vision system to create planned / Works orders.
* Co-ordinate the schedule of all materials to site, to deliver the above plans in co-ordination with designated lead-times. Creation of PO’s to cover all deliveries.
* Work closely with the Customer Account Manager & Commercial teams to ensure plans are met in full.
* Take the lead in relation to communicating production outputs both internally & externally including highlighting any potential risks on hitting agreed volumes.
* Smooth planning of inbound stock and vehicles within the capacity of the site.
* Manage Customer stock level against agreed targets/KPI’s
* Ensure that scheduled deliveries dates are kept updated and accurate in Vision.
* Any external systems are managed according to agreed process.
* Liaise with our customer and suppliers regarding Non-Conforming deliveries
* Set up & creation of New products in our Vision system.
* Create/Set up & administer product SPI information aswell as updating when required.
* Manage Customer trial information in conjunction with Commercial / Project teams.
* Administer Material data through the company and Customer systems.
* Escalate any materials issues to the Site Planning Manager.
* Be a role model for others at all times and demonstrate the behaviours
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
* Customer Service Levels
* Material Availability for plans
* Warehouse stock level for agreed customer
* Maintaining accurate data in systems
The ideal candidate will have the following experience
* Experience of Production Planning
* Experience of Material Planning/Scheduling
* Will be used to MRP systems , Excel , communicating with customers email
* Although this is not essential, we would like to hear from someone
that has come from a Food OR Packing environment
* SAP experience
Salary is £20 - £23K depending on experience
If you feel that you have the necessary skills to apply for this role then we want to hear from you.
Samcra Resourcing are an outsourced CV screening company, our clients like to make sure that they are only dealing with relevant applications however please be assured that once you pass the screening process you will be informed of the hiring company and it will be the hiring manager dealing with your application directly.