We have an exciting opportunity for a Machine Shop Manager to manage the daily activities of MCFT’s highly skilled machinists and state of the art Machine Shop. The Machine Shop is an essential part of our business and this is reflected in MCFT’s considerable investment in modern high-tech equipment and software, along with our valued staff.
Manufacturing Manager Responsibilities:
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of 9 machinists
- Prioritise and schedule the workload to ensure timely delivery of all component parts as required by our customers.
- Identify key areas for improvement within the machine shop to improve the efficiency and quality of items produced.
- Contribute in production and management meetings to develop the machine shop and its production capabilities.
- Provide regular feedback to employees, carry out performance reviews and ensure all training and skills are up to date.
- Calculate accurate costings and times for jobs along with any associated tooling costs.
- Work closely with the Quality Control department to monitor and uphold quality standards.
Manufacturing Manager Requirements:
- Previous experience of working within a Machine Shop
- Sound knowledge of 5 axis milling machine tools and their capabilities.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- PC Literate with the ability to follow documented procedures.
- Commitment to achieving deadlines
- Previous leadership experience within manufacturing.
- Time served engineering apprenticeship or other relevant qualifications.
- Knowledge and understanding of parts made and machined from Carbon Fibre, various grades of Aluminium, Titanium and Tooling/Modelling board.
- Experience using Hypercad S and Solidworks.
- Familiar with Heidenhain CNC controls along with TNC remo.
- Pattern making and finishing experience.
About Multimatic CFT Ltd:
Multimatic CFT Ltd. manufactures precision carbon fibre reinforced components for numerous motorsport teams including Formula 1 as well as the automotive industry. Additionally, Multimatic CFT has earned a strong reputation for producing high quality components for the aerospace and communications industries. Our Machine Shop provides high quality moulds and pattern work which in turn make quality composite parts that are machined to our customers exacting standards.
Location: Wymondham, Norfolk, NR18 0WY
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week with the flexibility required to manage employees on multiple shifts (Day & Evening)
You may have experience of the following: Machine Shop Manager, Machine Shop, Production Manager, Production Operative, Machine Operator, Machine Operative, Production Supervisor, Manufacturing Manager, Milling Machine, CNC, etc.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'