To achieve agreed targets within quality, time and cost parameters across all production departments and stores area, applying the most effective and safe manufacturing methods and processes, and demonstrating dedication to quality, safety, continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
My client is a market leading and growing electronics manufacturing business in Surrey.
The Production Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Agree, schedule and consistently achieve production plan targets in order to deliver agreed customer delivery dates with products/systems of the highest possible quality.
- Apply timely and effective problem identification and resolution actions for all issues adversely impacting production capacity, capability and quality, implementing necessary corrective actions.
- Lead, develop and motivate the production supervisory team, applying the most appropriate management style to achieve peak work performance and generate positive team spirit.
- Manage the stores function, ensuring a safe and tidy working environment and working practices, providing timely and accurate supply of parts and kits through customer focused staff from a well organised and secure store.
- Propose and implement continuous improvement initiatives through the introduction of new ideas, methods, processes and provisions in order to increase quality standards, productivity, broaden manufacturing capabilities etc.
- Promote a 'safety first' culture across production departments and stores, ensuring strict compliance with Company policies, procedures and practices relating to Occupational Health & Safety.
- Undertake proactive resource management, including recruitment and selection, across all production departments and stores.
- Establish, monitor and communicate a range of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) across all departments, measuring production output and efficiencies and stores requirements fulfilment, agreeing and implementing corrective actions to address underperformance against targets.
- Establish and maintain effective internal communication processes and infrastructure across production, to build and develop collaborative team working and produce well informed staff aware of production, Company and Customer activities, news and initiatives.
- Develop, agree and manage the annual production and stores budget including resource, capex and external training requirements.
- Extensive operational and managerial knowledge within an electromechanical manufacturing sector.
- Degree qualified in engineering/manufacturing related discipline.
- Black Belt Six Sigma is highly desirable.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of lean manufacturing, six sigma and change management techniques.
- IPC 610 workmanship standards for PCB's, wiring, soldering etc.
- Advanced level user of ERP (knowledge of SYSPRO desirable).
- Proven success in consistent timely delivery of production targets meeting required quality standards and cost parameters.
High competitive salary with attractive company benefits.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'