£45,000 to £55,000 Basic Salary + Overtime Paid on Weekends + Pension + 23 Days Holiday Plus Bank Holidays
Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm
This is an exciting opportunity to join an industry leading manufacturer, in a role where you will hold a senior position within the business. This is a challenging position where you will be given the budget and autonomy to implement major improvement across production whilst also managing a large team.
The successful candidate will have Production/Operations management experience in a manufacturing environment, woodwork, fabrication, or furniture transfer well though other backgrounds will still be considered. You will need demonstrable experience of continuous improvement, and a good knowledge of lean techniques. Candidates from an engineering background are encouraged to apply though this is not essential.
The role itself will initially be focused heavily on making improvements across the department, with a focus on multi skilling operatives, improving manufacturing processes, and undertaking root cause analysis to improve final product quality. You will have overall responsibility for a production team of around 80, with 6 Team Leaders directly reporting into you; you will have responsibility for appraisals, disciplinaries, and recruitment. As Production Manager you will primarily be assessed on health and safety, quality of final product, and labour costs, among other KPIs.
The company are a well established manufacturer, they offer a role where you will be perform a crucial function within the business and be in a position to have a considerable impact within a large organisation.
* Initial focus on improvements; multi skilling operatives, improving manufacturing processes, and improving product quality
* Overall responsibility for a team of 80, with assistance of 6 Team Leaders
* Appraisals, disciplinaries, and recruitment
* Assessed on health and safety, product quality, and labour costs
* Production/Operations Management experience in a production environment
* Woodwork, fabrication, or furniture transfer well though other backgrounds will be considered
* Demonstrable experience of continous improvements
* Candidates from an engineering background are encouraged to apply though this is not essential
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'