We are working on behalf of a multi-million pound manufacturing and wholesale distribution business who are looking to appoint a Production Manager based at their manufacturing site in Lancashire. The company prides itself on the on the long standing and trusted relationships with retailers and is experiencing impressive year on year growth.
This newly created role will be responsible for overseeing the running of the manufacturing facility, including the clean room. It will have 2 supervisors directly reporting in who will manage the wider team of around 40. The Production Manager will also be responsible for stock and scheduling through a dedicated individual, and will understand what to produce and when to ensure the necessary materials are in place to satisfy demand. Key responsibilities for the newly appointed Production Manager will include:-
- Leading and managing the strategic and operational performance of the Production department, ensuring the successful delivery of business strategy, KPI and objectives
- Effectively leading and motivating the team, ensuring success and driving performance
- Ensuring that the scheduling of orders is fully optimised, that the sales demand is linked to the production demand and that the right levels of stock are ordered and available
- Ensuring that the production department achieves ISO 9001 quality standard and then maintains audit ready status.
- Providing excellent customer service to our customer base, ensuring that expectations are not only met but exceeded
To be considered for this role, candidates must have experience of working in an agile and busy manufacturing environment working to ISO standards and GMP. Strong people management skills are key for this role and you will require an understanding of managing stock and scheduling as this will also form a key part of your accountability. You will have demonstrated strong stakeholder relationships to date and along with excellent customer service skills. You must possess a real excitement for the business and the role, displaying an attitude suited to a family business, with a defined culture. Equally important will be your general ability and attitude.
This is an excellent opportunity to part of a successful and growing business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"