• Work with relevant Section Co-ordinators to establish adequate cover, and flexibility of skills, to allow all areas to operate at times of illness, holiday etc.
• Ensure all departments under your responsibility operate to budget and that a cost conscious approach is adopted within the authorised spend constraints.
• Ensure your direct reports are suitably engaged with the production staff to understand any manufacturing issues, to appreciate opportunities for improvement and to develop an effective team and working environment
• Ensure all employment conduct and performance issues for employees within the area are dealt with consistently and in accordance with company policies and procedures
• Ensure support for all commercial activities where production issues arise
• Expand the standardisation of existing manufacturing processes and ensure that new processes/equipment are/is standardised as soon as is possible.
• Ensure works instructions are kept current and are followed by all relevant employees.
• Monitor and adjust manning levels (including recruitment when necessary) between areas to accommodate any fluctuations in daily, weekly and monthly output.
• Develop and maintain systems such as loading boards so that these can be displayed in the departments and are then updated daily to provide accurate, useable and visible data
• Ensure material supply (including in-house supply such as tube) is available to prioritise work and therefore ensure daily output figures are achieved and customer due dates maintained.
• Ensure all consumable items are held in stock to negate production line stoppages and to ensure that all consumable are kept/used within shelf life/tractability guidelines.
• Assist in the planning, development and implementation of the manufacturing strategy to meet agreed organisational performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales.
• Work with all areas of the company/customers/suppliers where necessary to resolve technical problems/opportunities.
• Min ONC level or equivalent qualifications in an engineering discipline
• Significant hands on experience within a manufacturing or industrial environment
• Experience of working in an accredited environment
• Previous experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams including areas not within immediate area of expertise
• Good computer literacy skills especially Word, Excel, Outlook and ERP systems
• Good interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrable planning and logistical skills
• Good problem/ data analysis skills and understanding of fault finding and diagnosis techniques
• Proven ability to manage and maintain budgets
• Not afraid to get hands dirty, working on shop floor where necessary to drive forward improvements or resolve problems
• Experience of using Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
• Experience of making presentations of information to groups at levels from shop floor to senior managers
• Experience of developing production planning systems to improve effectiveness
33 days holiday
Medicash health care
Child care vouchers
If you're interested in this role, 'Apply below' or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job