We are recruiting an exciting Production Manager position for a global manufacturer based in Staffordshire. After a strong 18 months of growth and record profit and a number of new exciting projects about to launch later this year; the successful candidate will be from a high volume fast paced environment, have achievement significant success around introducing lean ideology and have a track record of driving KPI's which directly improved Production output.
Our Client is a market leading Manufacturer based in Staffordshire. With international reach and multiple sites across the globe, this exciting role offers the chance to join a global market leader. Given the size and scope of the business, added to significant opportunities throughout, this opportunity provides real career progression within the business as a Production Manager. The successful candidate can expect full training, opportunities throughout and a competitive package.
Reporting directly into the Operations Manager, this role will have responsibility for up to 140 people on the shopfloor across a 2 shift rotation pattern. The role will involve;
- Create detailed training programmes for all team Leaders that will be transmitted to the shopfloor in order to produce high quality product within key metrics of quality, cost and delivery
- Monitor and improve plant performance by introducing process plan's and SOP's which look to achieve increased output
- Lead and develop continuous improvement activities across site such as Kaizen, 5s and value stream mapping events which focus on Quality, Cost and Delivery
- Drive and monitor OEE improvements to increase efficiency
- Ensure procedures are compliant with standards for Quality, Environmental and H&S
Degree qualified in a technical discipline (Engineering or Business)
High volume manufacturing experience
Flexible leading a medium-large team and developing team output
Hands on experience of leading teams in lean and continuous improvement techniques, preferably Six Sigma trained
Proven track record around improving HSE culture
£48,000 - £50,000 + benefits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job