Michael Page Engineering and Manufacturing and working in partnership with a large, global manufacturing business in the Ipswich area. The business are searching for a skilled Production Manager, to support in the growth and restructure of their team.
Michael Page Engineering and Manufacturing are working in partnership with a large, global manufacturing business in the Ipswich area, who are currently searching for a Production Manager to join their business. The company are delivering sustained and profitable growth, and pride themselves on their high quality manufactured product range.
The Production Manager for this Ipswich based business will have the following key responsibilities:
- Provide effective leadership to the production team, by effectively communicating business goals, agreeing team and individual objectives and offering timely feedback
- Establishing efficient processes on site, improving existing standard operating procedures and developing new processes where required
- Responsibility for quality, cost and delivery across two value streams - both fast paced, high volume and low volume, high value product ranges
- Implementing a Continuous Improvement culture, to increase productivity and identify and reduce areas of inefficiency
- Developing Team Leaders and Operatives alike, through mentoring and setting of individual professional development targets
The successful Production Manager for the Ipswich business will have the following attributes:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent - Mechanical Engineering background preferred
- 3-5 years' experience within a Production Management role
- Strong and proven continuous improvement and lean manufacturing experience
- An adept problem solver with excellent analytical and decision making skills
- Excellent leadership skills with good oral, written and presentation skills to ensure effective communication across levels of the business
Competitive salary plus package