Are you an experienced Production or Manufacturing professional looking to take on a new challenge within Waste Management or Logistics? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit an Production Manager for our Newhouse team in Motherwell, working 44 hours a week.
In return for your hard work as our Production Manager, we can offer a Competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands.
The ideal Production Manager:
- A proven track record of people management and production management of a large facility.
- Previous experience of training new, temporary, and existing employees.
- A proven track record in understanding commodity trading and quality control
- Good knowledge of H&S regulation and safe systems of work.
- Knowledge of production plant and machinery.
- Good knowledge of Recycling markets and Quality.
Production Manager Responsibilities include:
- Competently manage the production activities at Newhouse Glass Processing Plant
- Maximise the recycling and recovery rates at the facility and to maximise productivity and efficiencies whilst meeting quality targets
- Review and improve financial performance of Recycling production activities
- Implement and maintain procedures to ensure Compliance with all legal requirements applicable to areas of responsibility including compliance with all permits, licence and consent conditions at all times
- Ensure facilities are adequately staffed and new employees are recruited and inducted as per company procedures
- Ensure all Operators and Contractors are working to maximum efficiency and adhering to all safety and operating systems
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY! You will be redirected to the company website to register and complete your application for the role of Production Manager.
Closing Date: 5th May 2018
- Production Operative