Elevation Recruitment Group have been engaged to recruit a Production Manager position at a manufacturing site in Leeds. My client a global business who are a front runner within their market. This is a great opportunity for a modern manager to make their mark within the business. This is a fast-paced bespoke engineering environment. The business is looking for someone to hit the ground running. You be responsible for shaping the business within the UK as well as improving standards within the business.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a career path with progression. The ideal candidate should be a motivated and driven individual with an analytical outlook to problem solving.
Production Manager Role and Responsibilities include:
* Reporting into the Operations Manager will monitor people and performance with 2 direct reports while overseeing up to 100 people on the site.
* Ensuring the companies Quality policy is understood and Implemented.
* Responsibility for budgets and financials within Production. This will include labour cost, wastage and raw materials.
* Keeping the business to the highest standard by constantly assessing Health and Safety and SOP's.
* Cost reduction, efficiency and productivity improvements.
* Liaising with engineering and quality to ensure a streamlined production process.
* Managing and implementing key KPI's such as O.E.E. OTIF and wastage.
* Lead teams to implement 5s, SMED, Lean and continuous improvement projects.
* Manage data and ERP systems to meet the demands of the business.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Educated to HND or equivalent in an engineering or manufacturing subject.
* Extensive experience within production management within a fast-paced engineering environment.
* Experience of managing multifunctional teams.
* Must be able to "think outside the box" with extensive problem solving experience.
* Experience in leading effective change within an engineering and manufacturing environment.
* To be analytical, diligent and thorough, following tasks through to the end.
* Excellent man management and communication skills.
* Fluent in Continuous Improvement tools and practices.
This Role will be to control and improve all production processes within critical parts of the business and keep on progressing the business, staff and yourself. This challenging opportunity could also lead to career progression for the right candidate.
Related job titles: Manufacturing Manager, Shift Manager, Production Supervisor and Operations Manager.
If you want to discuss this position in more detail, please call Ben Porter at Elevation Recruitment Group on .
Elevation Recruitment Group's Engineering & Manufacturing division work with a vast range of businesses across Yorkshire and Humberside, Lincolnshire and East Midlands regions. For this role and other similar Engineering and Manufacturing positions, visit www.elevationrecruitmentgroup.com