A market leading manufacturer of high end precision woodwork products require a talented Production Manager to strenghten their management team and improve market competitiveness.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record of controlling production to disptach via 'Lean' methods that drive productivity and deliver products to time and quality standards. This is an excellent time to join this progressive as it continuously strives to improve upon efficiency, effectiveness and customer service.
- Management and control of production to meet customer requirements and company efficiency targets using the best manufacturing methods
- Leading the Production Team and learning orientated cultures - build high performance teams that deliver quality products and support continous personal development of team members
- Leading EHS and Process Safety Management within the Production Operations environment whilst maintaining safe manufacturing
- Achieving cost effective production and operational excellence - undertake specific continous improvement projects and share learning, Implement sustainable LEAN manufacturing process (eg, Kaizen, SMED, OEE).
The ideal candidate will have
- Background in the kitchen / accessory / wood manufacturing sector
- Recent relevant experience in a similar role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven experience of EHS requirements and process safety management
- Ability to design an operatives skill matrix and coach operatives on achieving personal KPI's
- Have clear understanding of financial targets with ability to manage cost and budgets effectively
- Proven ability to report data accurately and clearly to the Company Directors
- Have strong I T skills with Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to workload with proven ability to cut through complexity to set and achieve priorities.
A degree in Engineering or Operations Management would be helpful as would experience of automatic and manual paint and lacquer finishing.
The company offer an excellent working environment, lots of scope to progress and a competitive, negotiable starting salary.
- Lean Manufacturing
- Operations Management
- Lean Principles