Are you an experienced Production or Manufacturing professional looking to take on a new challenge within Waste Management or Logistics? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit an Production Manager for our team in Plymouth, working 37.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work as our Production Manager, we can offer a salary of £33,000 - £35,000 per annum plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands.
The ideal Production Manager:
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement methodology, lean RCM and Six Sigma.
- NEBOSH or IOSHH Health & Safety qualification
- CMS or WAMITAB
- Knowledge of principles of financial management and working to agreed budgets
- Experience of managing in a manufacturing environment
Production Manager Responsibilities include:
- Safely and effectively manage all day to day operations of the MRF
- Ensure the MRF plant and equipment operates to maximum effectiveness
- Ensure material outputs are to Viridor’s quality specifications. Ensure corrective action is taken when material falls below required standard.
- Maintain accurate production metrics in electronic format and upload to BI web portal monthly as defined by the Operations Manager.
- Drive continuous improvement activities across the site.
- Manage and prioritise all engineering operations on site. Ensure all PPM inspections are carried out in timely manner.
- Manage and control all contractors when carrying out work in the MRF
- Chair Daily Production Cell meetings ensuring actions are identified to drive continuous improvements.
- Carry out annual and timely Performance Annual Reviews (PAR’s) of all direct reports
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, APPLY now for the role of Production Manager.
Closing Date: 6th April 2018
- Production Manager
- Manufacturing Waste Management