Hammonds, the UK's largest choice of fitted furniture company have a vacancy for an InterimProduction Manager to run our day shift (8am – 4pm Monday to Friday) based in Hinckley, Leicestershire. This is a 6 month interim contract and we are offering a salary of £40,000-£45,000 per annum.
As Production Manager of our Flagship Ranges you will be expected to oversee all activities within the factory.
Candidates need to have previously operated and been successful in a managerial role and have experience in the manufacture of a quality product within a fast paced production environment.
Following a period of product and process familiarisation our Production Manager main duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure the achievement of quality, efficient and cost effective production, whilst meeting daily targets
- Managing a team of production operatives through the Team Leaders and managers
- Have a safety first approach to all activities as well as leading and developing your team
Our ideal Production Manager will have the below skills and experience:
- Hold an ILM level 5 Certificate in Management or equivalent
- Ideally come from a solid wood or veneer background
- Experience of lacquer and paint finishing both automatically and by hand is desirable
- In depth knowledge of varying production methods
- Knowledge of just in time and support system
- Significant experience within a fast moving manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of quality systems and working to quality standards (ISO or BS750)
- Experience of managing diverse teams in a pressurised environment
- Ability to analyse and process large quantities of information
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, in-house systems AS400, Intranet etc…
- Excellent written and verbal communication to a wide audience
- Ability to recognise future issues and resolve prior to impact
- Ability to lead project groups
- Understanding of machines and the processes that they oversee
- An understanding of COSHH
- Strong communicator with excellent leadership skills
- Proactive and willing to respond to and embrace change, along with daily interruptions to planned workload
- Able to encourage innovation in self and in others
- Provide a role model for others
- Clear understanding in financial targets and ability to report data accurately
- Adaptable, systematic and flexible approach to all workload requirements
Our philosophy is ‘Right First Time’ in everything we do and previous experience of working with a continuous improvement approach to problem solving would be advantageous.
Hinckley is commutable from Leicester,Coventry, Nuneaton, Lutterworth, Coalville,Rugby and surrounding areas.
So if you are an experienced Production Manager and you’d like to join our progressive family business of over 90 years please apply and complete our simple application process.
N.B: vacancies may be filled prior to the expiry date.
Strictly no agencies please