Our client has a long history of developing innovative solutions to bring a better quality of life to the world. Their Electronics division is a diversified manufacturer of electronic devices and value-added manufacturing services.
They provide their customers with the manufacturing capabilities and purchasing power of a global Electronics Manufacturing Services provider.
Due to their continued growth, they are now looking for a Production Manager to join them.
The Production Manager Role:
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Production Manager to join a successful team.
As the Production Manager, you will direct the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
You will Prioritise production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply. The Production Manager will also plan and administer procedures and budgets.
Key Responsibilities of the Production Manager:
- Manage the SMT, Conventional Assembly, Inspection & Test teams to ensure products are made to meet the delivery requirements of our customers
- Control the scheduling of assemblies into the despatch department in sufficient time to ensure items are shipped at the required times by reference to the production plan
- Issue work to the staff in accordance with production plan and notify the Head of Operations of any problems and deviations from this
- Identify, support, coach, motivate and help develop the skills of the individual members of staff
- Develop and motivate the assembly teams ensuring they are multi-skilled by providing training and coaching to the teams
- Monitor the performance of direct reports and set SMART objectives & targets and review their performance against these
- To look forward at future customer build requirements/orders, plan to meet these by adjusting labour availability and machine capacity
- Identify skills requirements for existing and pending workload ensuring adequate skills coverage to allow for sickness and holidays
- To work to a targeted direct labour cost related to turnover
- To ensure that agreed working procedures and health & safety precautions are adhered to by all staff at all times
Skills & Experience Required:
- Ideally educated to degree level or proven electronics and electro-mechanical manufacturing experience and managing a large team
- Excellent knowledge of production and electronic processes, with a solid understanding of quality and health & safety standards
- A high level of coaching expertise together with developed leadership and influencing skills to help drive improvement and growth through culture, learning and experience, challenging at the appropriate times
- Proven knowledge and experience of the application of continuous improvement systems, standards and tools and how to execute and monitor these through production teams. Ideally LSS trained
- Strong MS Office & IT skills required
Experience in Electronics Manufacturing is essential
In return, the Production Manager can expect;
- Competitive salary, £40,000 - £60,000 (Dependent on Experience)
- Pension plan
- Excellent career opportunities
If you are interested in this Production Manager position, simply submit your CV via the button shown.
- Candidates that do not receive a response within 21 days should assume that their application has been unsuccessful on this occasion
- Only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered
- No Agencies
Keywords: Production Manager, Production Planner, Engineering, Manufacturing, Engineer, Electronics, Electro-mechanical, H&S, St Neots, Cambridge
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.
- Electronics Manufacturing
- Production Engineering
- Production Planning
- Production Schedules
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job