Production Manager - £50-55k
"British Design & Manufacturing at its best"
You will be working for a business where original design and UK based manufacture is the result of passion, experience, craftsmanship and an unwavering dedication to being the best in our sector. You will represent a business of high reputation and long standing, with an enviable and varied customer base. We are looking for someone who can align themselves with our high quality brand; a proven Production Manager who will play a major part in our growth plans.
This is a key role in our organisation, a desire to 'belong’ and view this as an opportunity offering scope and longevity is essential.
The Role - Overview and Key Responsibilities
Responsible to the Managing Director, the Production Manager will work closely with the Management & Production teams and the Design Manager. The Production Manager is expected to take a global view of our productive capacity and continuously develop and apply Lean manufacturing techniques and practices to cooperate with the Sales and Design teams to optimise turnover and profitability. To ensure Quality Control measures are "world class". Reduce lead times and ensure on time delivery. Maintain and develop our Environmental Management System (EMS), Health and Safety Standards and facilities. Full budgetary responsibility and operational management of all planning, manufacturing and logistics operations.
- Manage, motivation and development of production team
- Manage existing machinery and maintenance schedules to eliminate production down time; research new and more efficient methods and techniques
- Management of the production schedule, purchasing and supply chain
- Control costs to meet budgets and consistently achieve set gross margin
- Maintain existing quality standards; identify achievable and measurable quality improvements on a continuous improvement basis
- Organisation and scheduling of workload, and the purchase and supply chain to achieve 100% OTD
- Constantly develop Lean techniques to reduce operational lead time and increase value added time
- Management of premises, estate and activities
- Maintain environmental management system and Health & Safety status according to all relevant procedures including ISO14001
- Promote the excellence of our production capabilities with our dedicated team using a professional and enthusiastic approach
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Proven management experience in a high quality, fast paced production environment
- Experience in the application of Lean and continuous improvement tools
- Experience in production scheduling for labour and materials
- Strong knowledge of H&S, quality and regulatory requirements
- Desirable but not essential - experience in furniture manufacturing (high quality, low repetition/bespoke products)
- Ability to manage and implement change; manage, motivate and mentor the production team
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks with a constant attention to detail
Production Manager - Remuneration Package
Salary: c£50-55,000 per annum (negotiable dependent upon experience)
Benefits: Relocation Package (as appropriate); Pension; Bonus (dependent on company and personal performance)
ApplicationsIn writing to Lorna Dane, our retained HR & Recruitment Manager. No agencies please - direct applications to the employer will be forwarded to Lorna Dane, at the Dane Partnership
- Environmental Management
- Lean Manufacturing
- Production Schedules