I am now working exclusively with a new organisation based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire who due to company expansion and recent acquisition, are now looking to recruit an engineering focused, Production Manager. This is a really exciting opportunity and would suit candidates who are used to working in engineering or electronics, manufacturing environments.
Based in Sheffield my client has just come through a high growth period due to company acquisition and new product introduction. This growth period will enable the successful candidate the opportunity to progress throughout the organisation pending development of the current team. Success of this position will be targeted against improving stock control, on time delivery and general customer satisfaction.
Reporting into the Operations Manager and based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire as the Production Manager you will have a small team of highly skilled employees including engineers. This position would suit someone who has managed Manufacturing Engineers, Production Engineers or a highly skilled work force i,e Electronis, SMT Engineers.
The Production Manager is responsible for leading the Production Department, its team, day to day operation and KPI achievement. Activities range from goods in / out, assembly, quality testing, new sales fulfilment, returns (problem management), systems administration & deliveries to customers (internal & external).
Lead, manage, motivate and inspire team members to deliver high levels of performance, role model behaviour, core values and a 'can do' attitude, developing individuals to achieve a multi-skilled, resilient team.
Lead the Production Department ensuring safe and efficient operation, taking into account customers' requirements, performance targets and KPIs.
Day to day operational management of key suppliers ranging from materials, tooling operation, couriers, CEM product quality, forecasting & delivery schedules and purchase orders, driving cost-down benefits where possible.
Lead, drive and manage the internal sales order process from inbound customer service agreements and delivery of product to implementation into all relevant operational systems.
Working with other departments to co-ordinate on-time delivery to the customer and ensuring minimal impacts to other departments.
Drive improvements in product quality through data analysis (Problem Management Systems) and taking action with relevant areas (internal departments, suppliers).
To apply for the position of Production Manager based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire you will have a background in manufacturing or engineering management and will be / have:
- Effective in engaging senior management and groups of stakeholders.
- Excellent scheduling and data analysis skills.
- Able to demonstrate leadership skills including colleague management, peer level influence & upward management.
- Must be able to thrive in a high-pressure environment and be capable of self-motivation.
- Demonstrable evidence of how you have effectively communicated with others is essential.
- Experience and use of MS Office is essential.
- Adaptable and positive when faced with change.
- Calm & rational when facing a technically complex and fast changing environment.
- Clean driving license and willingness to fly.
Salary is between £35,000 and £45,000 plus:
- Private Health Scheme
- 20 days annual leave (rising to 24) + statutory holidays
- Professional working environment