Production Manager - Sheffield - £28k - £34k
Clemence Rogers are recruiting for a Production Manager to be based in Sheffield.
* Organising and scheduling work for production ensuring delivery on time to the required quality.
* Advising the General Manager on labour requirements for the achievement of weekly and monthly sales forecasts to ensure the optimum number of workers is in place to manage the seasonal peaks and troughs.
* Reviewing and challenging all production processes to continuously reduce labour costs and improve health and safety.
* Managing production against agreed KPI's.
* Supervising training programmes for new and existing staff to ensure skills mix is never a constraint to output.
* Devising and implementing efficiency and workflow improvements to increase the efficiency year on year.
* Any other matters as indicated by the Directors.
* You must be comfortable with a fast-moving short cycle manufacturing environment where plans can constantly change, and customer service is king.
* This role would suit a manager who can hit the ground running and make a significant early contribution to the business, so this will not be your first leadership role. The team is small - about 8 people but sales are growing fast and there are ambitious growth plans, so the successful candidate is expected to be able to grow with the business.
* Your people skills will be well developed to get the best out of your team and to ensure temporary workers are integrated quickly.
* You will also be familiar with the H&S responsibilities of being a manager in a manufacturing environment.
* High attention to Quality
* Good listener
* Familiar with Microsoft office suite
* Assertive and customer focused
* Good planner but also comfortable with change