A Production Manager is required to join a global business in the South of Kent.
The incoming candidate will be fully accountable for every facet of the firm's production/manufacturing output - ensuring that production demand is met in time, in full, and within budget - without compromising quality.
Reporting into the Operations Director for the business, key responsibilities will include;
- Oversee the production/manufacturing process;
- Reviewing and managing production schedules in line with demand (adjusting schedules as required);
- Ensuring that the production is cost effective;
- Instil and monitor robust production standards; implementing quality controls and metrics;
- Work within the confines of H&S policies;
- Review production staff performance and identify further training needs.
Strong communication and leadership skills are required; the role will lead a medium size team of skilled production professionals, and involve a high level of communication with the role's counterparts within the business (i.e. Engineering, Purchasing, and Customer Service).
Candidates will need to have experience of metal work/metal fabrication in order to be considered for the role considering the product portfolio, coupled with demonstrable managerial skills. Formal experience of working within an environment that follows Six Sigma methodologies (or comparable lean/continuous improvement standards) will be required, with formal qualifications of this being advantageous (i.e Green Belt, Black Belt).
It is likely that interviews will take place in the first few weeks in February. This is a rare opportunity to join a stable organisation that exports products across Europe and beyond.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Job Seekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.
- Production manager